So to start with a story... On Wednesday I got to go with the students to the Ruth Lilly Health Center. Now any of my teacher friends, or pretty much just anyone who has ever been a student at a school in Indiana, has had the joy of going to the Ruth Lilly Health Center. Not sure why schools think this is such a fabulous field trip, but apparently they all do. So anyway, I got the joy of taking the 5th graders as we experienced the joy of the program "Life Begins". Well the instructor is going on and on and on about how simple it is for life to be created. You could almost hear sweet music playing as she's talking about how the ovaries release an egg and it travels so gently through the fallopian tubes where it meets up with its good friend Mr. Sperm. Well now Mr. Sperm in all his manliness just burrows his little way into that egg which is when it continues to travel on down into the uterus where it snuggles all in nicely for 9 glorious months until it emerges as a precious child. AWWWWWWWW so perfect! So why did I have an overwhelming urge to stand up and scream, "Don't believe them children! She is lying! She's just a liar! Nothing but a liar! You actually need to go to dr. after dr. Have people look at areas of your body that you have always been told NOBODY should see! Your husband will get to have a romantic time with a cup. How do you feel about putting needles in your own stomach children? That is how babies are born.... and even then there is no guarantee. And there's going to be tears, lots and lots of tears." But to save myself from looking and sounding crazy, I bit my tongue... and boy did I bite it hard. Of course 2 days later, it became time for me to start on this wonderful IVF journey.
It looks like I will be starting Lupron on March 2. This is a daily shot in the stomach that will keep me from having a cycle throughout this whole process. I will go March 14 for my baseline ultrasound and blood work just to make sure everything looks okay and then that is when I will start all the other meds. Two more meds that are shots in the stomach and a couple of pills. We are tentatively scheduled for a retrieval date of March 27, and then transfer 5 days later, which would be March 31. 2 weeks later we will know if they took! So while it's not the glorious scenario that Mable from Ruth Lilly decided to teach me about on Wednesday, it is my scenario and if it's what I need to do to bring Travis and I's child into our lives, than I am more than willing to do it. Besides, I've never really liked to do things the way everyone else does it anyway, I've always liked to do things my way, so why should this be any different?
Wow Dana... very very very powerful words. Seriously! Praying for you, Travis, and future Baby Jones!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's not fair that it isn't that easy for everyone. Hoping one transfer is all it takes for you to get your baby (or two!)
ReplyDelete