Today a good friend reminded me of the importance of being able to laugh at any situation. While I have cried many times over the last year and a half, I have also laughed. Some people look at me odd when I talk about how excited I would be if we were to have twins because it would be like getting a "Buy one Get on Free" and who doesn't love a good sale. I often refer to the possiblity of triplets as being a Clearance, (even though triplets would scare me a lot more than twins because they outnumber you... and that can not possibly be a good thing). I've told stories about how I felt cheap because the Dr. didn't even buy me dinner after the IUIs, and how I wished he would have at least turned on some "mood music". When we walked into the room to go over all of our IVF meds there was a pair of women's underwear laying on the floor. Travis and I laughed the whole night as we joked about how the couple probably heard the cost of IVF and decided to just try it one more time, the normal way, right there in the office. Along with highly supportive friends and family, I believe laughter has helped keep me going as well. So I will leave you with a link to one of my most favorite humorous, but oh so true, infertility blogs as well as some comics that made me smile.
http://www.999reasonstolaugh.com/





No comments:
Post a Comment