Monday, February 28, 2011
The day creeps closer....
So Wednesday is creeping up on me. Wednesday is the day that I start the Lupron shots which will make sure that I don't have another cycle until.... well.... hopefully for the next 9 months, but at least until we can get through the whole IVF process. It still seems very strange to me that we have gotten to this point in our journey. I remember when I was younger, saying how I wasn't going to have kids, and then jokingly saying, I probably won't be able to have kids one day anyway and I WILL NOT be doing IVF. Crazy at the time how I thought that I was just playing around and here I am 2 days away from starting our IVF cycle. I'm a complete mix of nerves and excitement, not really sure which one is stronger. The nerves honestly don't even come from the shots or the meds but more from the thought that I will be doing all this and there is still not a guarantee that I am going to get anything afterwards except bruises. I am trying my hardest to be positive though and telling myself that our odds are great. I also have to always resort back to my very strong belief that everything happens for a reason and if this doesn't happen to work, it will be okay. I have an amazing support system surrounding me of family and friends and there is nothing to fear. Luckly with my job, I don't have time to dwell on things during the day and that helps a lot also. Tomorrow ISTEP begins,so I will work to push infertility thoughts out of my head and I will put my energy into helping my 24 non-biological children focus so they can do their best! I have a feeling I am going to need as many distractions as I can get over the next month to help keep me sane!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment