Sunday, March 6, 2011
5 down...
So I started the Lupron on Wednesday night and by Thursday night I was feeling down and out like I had the flu. Now I already had the flu once this year, as most of you remember that is what lead to the pneumonia which allowed me to have a 3 day vacation at the hospital, so I didn't think it would be that again. I decided to turn to my good friend Google to find out if this could somehow be connected to the Lupron. As it turns out one of the side effects is flu like symptoms. This made me want to sit in the cornor and rock back and forth. The thought of feeling like this for the next month was almost enough to make me tie a little white towel to a pole and wave it. But instead I decided to just pray, and REALLY hard that this might actually be the flu and I'd feel better in 2-3 days. I can't remember any other time in my life that I've actually prayed to be sick....(except for maybe that one time in 3rd grade when we had to do backwards somersaults in gym class and my mom tried really hard to teach me how in the living room.... I've had a fear of somersaults ever since.) But anyways, I spent this whole weekend laying on the couch doing nothing except taking Tylenol and Sudafed. I can now happily say that as of tonight, I am starting to feel somewhat human. I haven't taken any Tylenol since 12:00 and still don't feel like I have a fever, so hopefully it was just a flu repeat.
Now there are some other side effects though that are from the Lupron that aren't nearly as bad as the flu, but still not joyful. One are the hot flashes. This was especially fun when I was chilled with the fever and I was fluctuating between shivering and sweating. Insomnia also seems to be a small problem since I was up from 3:00-6:00 last night just as wide awake as could be. I must thank my nephew Drew for having me download the game Angry Birds to my phone because it was a nice activity during those hours as I sat in bed. The last side effect seems to be extreme hunger. It is like a Survivor, stranded on an island for 2 weeks, kind of hunger that pretty much is with me all day. Talking to other friends who have taking this WONDERFUL drug, have said they gained a bunch of weight because of the hunger. Well I am proud to say, that thanks to the flu, and nothing sounded good, I have actually lost 3 pounds so far! So maybe the flu wasn't that bad after all. Maybe most things we think are "bad" actually aren't that bad at all. I know I've said it before and I'm going to say it again, but maybe this whole infertility thing isn't really that "bad" and I will be able to look back in 2,3, maybe even 50 years and say look at all the positive things that happened that would have not happened without infertility. I guess I'll go untie my white dishcloth from my broom handle now.... I'm going to be sticking this one out. (HAHAHA did you get that joke... STICKING this one out.... gosh I crack myself up!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are delightful. I am also up from 3-6 so I feel your pain. Heck I am up now at 12:30. Get used to it sister. Once you have a sweet babe, sleep is a thing of the past. xoxo
ReplyDelete