Now isn't that just the cutest little kid you've ever seen? I think it has Travis's eyes, my nose, and hopefully my height.... J/K! Actually this isn't our little egg at all, but just a random Google picture that I found, but this is the stage that our children are currently at as of today. What a great Father's Day gift, to hear that you have fertilized eggs. Let me go back to yesterday though.
Yesterday we set off for the surgery center. I have never in my life had surgery, never even broken a bone. I was a little freaked out by this whole situation. We went in and filled out the normal paperwork including such forms as, "if their is a terrorist attack on the surgery center and our eggs are destroyed, they can not be held liable." (This is actually not a joke, but an actual paper we had to sign off on.) I decided to take our chances on this one and signed the paper. They then took us up stairs and had me put on a gorgeous hospital gown and some beautiful brown booties. The nurse came in to put in the IV and her first question was, "How do you feel about needles?" I had to laugh... I asked if she wanted to see the holes in both my stomach and rear. After about 45 minutes we were ready. In the surgery room they gave me a cocktail of meds through the IV that were supposed to help with pain and help me to not remember much. While there are moments I don't 100% remember, for the most part I do remember. I remember some of the awful jokes the Dr. was telling, such as "Why does Santa Clause wear red and white?" "Because he's an IU fan" Ba-Ba- Bum. And a classic, "What makes a sperm happy?" "To have egg on its face." With this joke, I do remember informing the Dr. that apparently Travis had very unhappy sperm. It wasn't a painless procedure, but it wasn't like someone was cutting off my arm. Or maybe it was... and I just don't remember it :) Afterwards I went back into the recovery room to watch TV while Travis went to give his "sample". After about another hour we got to go home. I was uncomfortable at this point, but it wasn't too bad. I'm guessing the pain meds from the IV were still kicking it in my system. As that started to wear off I started to feel more and more uncomfortable. It felt as if there was a HUGE gas bubble taking over my insides. All I really wanted to do was curl up in bed and sleep, but I was instructed to not lay flat for 24 hours. This makes it a bit difficult to sleep. Long story short though, I made it though the night and the gas feeling is mostly gone today. Today there is just pain in my ovaries, especially if I have been sitting and not moving very much.
As for our little eggs, they were able to get out 12 eggs yesterday. We got the call this morning that out of those 12, 2 were immature so they were discarded. So that takes us down to 10. From those 10, 3 abnormally fertilized so they are discarded, which brings us down to 7. Of those 7, 2 are slow dividers and 5 are perfect. The nurse said that normally the slow ones won't catch up if they haven't by this time, but they will continue to watch them just to be sure. But that also means we have 5 wonderful little fertilized eggs right now. I'm happy with 5. We have always planned to put 2 back in and freeze the others, so as long as everything keeps progressing then we will have 3 that we can freeze to use again if needed. So Happy Father's day to my wonderful husband who is currently the father to 7 eggs! He has spent all day taking care of me. I couldn't ask for a better husband or father to our children!
No comments:
Post a Comment