Saturday, June 11, 2011

Just an update... and some pictures

2 days ago I got a call from the Dr. saying that we needed to up my stimming meds. I wasn't responding as well as we had hoped so we were going to increase the dosage. As much as this annoyed me, I have to admit I wasn't really shocked, I would expect nothing else from my ovaries but underachieving. Originally I was doing 150 units of Bravelle and 75 units of Menopur. With the increase I would now be doing 150 of both Bravelle and Menopur. (In all honesty this probably worked best for my OCD tendencies as well since I like things to be equal.) Great! Wonderful! I could still combine all of this into one shot so there wasn't really to much of a difference.

Fast forward 2 days....


Go back to the Dr. again to do another check. At this point you can pretty much just go back up and reread the first paragraph. STILL not really stimming like we had hoped, so we are going to go ahead and up the meds. Let's just add another 75 units of both Bravelle and Menopur. For those of you keeping track, that would now be 225 units of Bravelle and 225 units of Menopur. If we wanted to do some quick math that means we went from 225 units in all at the beginning to 550 units currently. For my non-logical mathematical people, that would be doubling the meds. On another positive note, you can still combine all of this into one shot, so again for the most part there isn't that much of a difference, other then preparation time and mental distress. With the increase though I have had to order more meds since I didn't originally plan on taking this much. When I called the pharmacy to reorder they always ask if you want them to send you another Sharps Container. (This is the red container that you put the used needles and things in to dispose of at a later date.) I was thinking I might just keep them on a shelf in the child's room some day so they never forget how much they are loved :) Anyway though... back to the container, I said, "nah," thinking to myself that those are pretty big containers and I'm sure that I wouldn't be filling them up! Well tonight as I was doing my shot I noticed that 2 out of 3 of my containers I have are getting pretty full and I realized just how many shots I have given myself over the past year. So I took some pictures just for memories. I'm sure some day I will start to forget this process but honestly I don't want to. The past 2 years have been such a huge impact on my life, who I am and who I am still becoming that I don't want to forget. So here are some visual memories for myself:

Original amount of stimming meds:




Second dosage of stimming meds:

Third dosage of stiming meds:



Sharps Containers:




No comments:

Post a Comment