Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sacrifices and a Thank You

I'm starting to realize more and more just how much a mother will do for their child. Most of you know that I am a self-proclaimed non-vegi eating human. I really don't eat any vegetables at all. People who know me pretty well have been telling me for the last 2 years, " You know when you get pregnant you are going to have to eat vegetables!" I used to just laugh and tell them they were crazy. There was no way I would start eating vegetables just because I was pregnant! Well guess what all you people, I'm not even pregnant yet and, just to be safe, I found a juice that gives me a whole serving of both fruits and vegetables! I know that my baby is going to need all those nutrients and if that means I need to eat something I don't like, then I will just plug my nose and eat/drink away. I know you've seen my posts before about how I used to promise that I would NEVER give myself shots in order to have a kid, well we all know that got scrapped a long time ago. I REALLY wanted some Mt. Dew last night but decided instead to just have lemonade since Mt. Dew has so much caffeine in it. While there were many different reasons for choosing my new job, one major reason was that I get out of school at 2:45 instead of 4:20. That means that I would have more time at night with my children. The trade off was that I have to get up at 5:00 am. Again, anyone who knows me knows that getting up at 6:15 was pushing it for me, but the thought of spending more time with my unconceived (I think I made this word up) child gets me out of bed at 5 every morning. These are all things that my child will never even know that I did for them before they were even conceived. I can't even begin to imagine all the things I will do for them throughout their life. Many things again they will never know I did. This of course makes me think of my own mother. I'm sure there are so many things throughout my 26 years that she has done, or in some cases not done, for me. I'm sure she wasn't thanked for 98% of those things either and although I am starting to realize that as a mother you don't do these things for the Thank You, I would still like to say thanks right now to her.

Thank you mom for teaching me to be the kind of mother I want to be someday. I have been blessed to have a wonderful example to learn from as I continue on my journey to motherhood.

Tomorrow we will move into the next phase of our IVF cycle, I will start the stimming meds. These are the meds that will hopefully make all the eggs grow that we will then be able to take out and fertilize and turn into our child (children). Starting Thursday I will go into the Dr. every other day to be monitored on how the follies are growing. We don't want overstimulation or understimulation.... we want "just right" stimulation! If all goes as planned, then the retrieval of the eggs will be on June18th, which is apparently the day before Father's Day. I informed Travis of this and we were laughing about how he will be a father on that day since we will have fertilized eggs growing in a lab. So he will be able to celebrate his first Father's Day this year! I guess if all goes as planned he could technically be a father to around 20 of our children this year.... (I hope he doesn't expect me to go buy presents for him from all those children... because it ain't happening!)

So just in closing, here is a song that I listen to when I am feeling discouraged to remind myself that someday I will be a mother and all of the sacrifices will be worth it. Hopefully next year both Travis and I will be celebrating those holidays we call Mother's and Father's day with a child that is not sitting in a petri dish, but instead is sleeping in our arms.





No comments:

Post a Comment