
So today I put on my big girl panties and took a big step. A large leap. A gigantic bound. I took the plunge. I did the deed. I didn't let fear hold me back any longer. What is this you are asking? What could she have possibly done that was so monumental? What could be so exuberantly exciting that she would feel the need to compose a blog that you are now so diligently reading while thinking to yourself, "Just get to the point Dana!" Well, I will hold you in suspense no longer. The major accomplishment of my day was .......
I did the laundry!

That is right ladies and gentleman. I, Dana Jones, did the laundry today. Take a moment to finish your applause and then I will explain why this is so amazing.
It wasn't just any laundry you see. (Well actually I did do that laundry too, but my socks and jeans aren't the purpose of this post.) It was Keegan's laundry. Sure I've been shopping like crazy for him. To the point where my mother has threatened to steal all of my forms of money. But up until this evening at about 5:13, all of my purchases had been hanging safely in his closet with the tags firmly attached. This was of course in case the unthinkable happened and they would all need to be returned. Just my small little way of holding onto some sense of control.... just in case.
I kept telling myself that I COULDN'T wash them because we didn't have any of that special "baby detergent." You know the kind, the kind that is like free of all things that might make a baby's skin irritated. But then yesterday, while shopping with a friend (and yes, I did buy Keegan another outfit... sorry mom) there was a REALLY good sale on baby detergent. We all know my love of a good sale, and since it was at one of those big bulk discount stores, which I don't have a membership too and was only there because my dear sweet friend has a membership and could therefor smuggle me in the door, I felt I couldn't pass up buying the detergent. So I bought it. Once the detergent was in the house it really cut down on my excuses. So I bit the bullet today. I calmly sat on the floor and cut off all the tags, (The point of no return as I am calling it) started the washer, threw in the clothes, and ran down the hallway before I could even contemplate shutting off the washer, digging out all the clothes, and gluing the tags back on. I then stuffed the tags way down deep in the trash can, so they would be covered in left over Arby's gunk from lunch. (I am working on putting details in their writing with my 4th graders... thought I would try it out myself.)
So now I am just sitting on the couch, listening to the washer as it whoosh whooshes all the clothes. I guess Keegan will either be coming home with us to wear all those clothes, or you better hope you are my next friend to have a boy... because then I will have lots of never worn and already washed clothes for your little bundle of joy!
So for an update. I was able to take A last week to her appointment. Keegan's heart rate was fabulous at 155 and the Dr. said that his growth was really good also. The 24th A will have another ultrasound just to check growth and position. That will also put her at 35 weeks, which would mean only 5 more weeks left! I just can't wait to put him in his nice clean clothes for the first time... now the hard part is going to be choosing which outfit. Maybe I should go shopping...
We are so excited to meet him and love him! (especially in his nice new clothes...)
ReplyDeleteYou are a wonderful writer! :) I love your detail. I can FEEL what you are feeling! :) And it's like listening to you say it. I am so unbelievably excited for you and I cannot wait to see Keegan in all his new clothes because I KNOW you're going to take a picture of him in each of them lol nobody deserves this more
ReplyDelete