Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Everything has led to this



For almost 2 years, you all have been following me on a journey. A journey that has made us laugh, smile, and more often than not cry together. A journey that for Travis and I has lasted almost 3 1/2 years. A journey that at times I wasn't sure was going to have a happy ending. I remember many times when all I wanted to do was quit. I wanted to be content with it just being Travis and I for the rest of our lives. I wanted the pain and the hurt to go away and not have to wonder if we would ever be parents. Our desire to love and parent a child though kept us going. It made us cry, yell, throw tantrums about how unfair life is and then it made us pick ourselves back up off the ground and keep walking forward. It has taught us just how strong we can be and just how strong our love is for each other. It taught us about the amazing family and friends that we have surrounding us. It has taught us that really we have very little control over so much, and as much as I hate to admit, it is probably best that way. In 2-3 short days I will be holding our son. OUR SON! Crazy insane words that seemed only a far away dream even as of yesterday. As I sit here typing and remembering the last 3 1/2 years, I am holding back tears, and knowing that every single thing in our past will be worth it. Every single thing has laid a path, (a crooked, broken, pot holed filled path) that led us straight to Keegan. Every single time I look at his ultra sound picture I know he is ours. There is no doubt in my mind he is ours. The love I feel for him is the exact same love I feel for the child I carried 2 summers ago. A child I never got to meet, but helped lead us to Keegan. And in 2 short days, he will be in my arms. I can not wait to share him with all of you who have walked this path with us. Who have lifted us up in prayers when we needed them most. Who have offered a kind word or just let me vent when I needed it most. Who have loved us and loved our son, even before his birth. Friday at 5:00 A.M. A will be induced and sometime after that it will be 100% clear that our journey was worth it. Every single bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment