Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The most beautiful sight in the world...

There are so many beautiful sights in this world. Here are just a couple I stumbled across on Google (It probably helped that I typed in "beautiful sights")



But not a single one of those pictures, or any of the other 2,610,000 search results, can even come close to competing with a sight I saw with my own eyes today. I'm pretty sure it is something that should make the list of the 7 natural wonders of the world. It's something that at many times I wasn't sure I would ever get to see with my own eyes. It's a sight that brought tears to my eyes the instant I saw it and anytime now that I think about it. It was the heartbeat of my child. Just a little tiny flicker of light on a black and white screen, tops every multi-colored picture anyone, anywhere could ever take. I would love to nominate my ultrasound technician for an Oscar for Videographer of the Year. I'm 100% positive that the video she was taking of our little child today should win Movie of the Year. Dr. Gentry can take home the Director of the Year award and of course God gets Producer of the Year. All of my family and friends are obviously front runners for Best Supporting Cast. And only Travis deserves to receive Best Leading Man.

I step back and I think back to the past 2 years and it seems just like a movie. The way everything has played out so perfectly. The way all of the pieces at the end seem to fit together and make sense. At times there was drama, suspense, comedy, and love. Not to many horror scenes thankfully, although Travis asking if he was supposed to jab the shot in or push in the needle with the plunger, probably caused me to have a face very close to that of someone who was being stalked by a psycho killer. So far there seems to be a happy ending to this story. I'm feeling more and more confident that I can start to think about my Happily Ever After. And while this story kind of feels like it's coming to an end, I know that in reality this is just the beginning. So while I can't post the baby's heartbeat on here, I do have a picture from today that is a very close 2nd to the most beautiful sight in the world. It is a white blob of a baby... but it is the most wonderful looking white blob of a baby that I have ever seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment