
Read the chart above.... Now it all makes sense doesn't it?!?!?! Exactly what I thought.
So we went back to the fertility doctor today. He told us at our last appointment that he would see us in about 2 years... boy does time fly! At that time of course we were a little over 7 weeks pregnant and everything was looking as perfect as could be. Little did we know at that time that about 1-3 days later our child's heart would stop beating and we would be back so much sooner to talk about what we were going to do next. So after repeating about 27 times that he just didn't understand what would have went wrong, the doctor decided he wanted us to have an antiphospholipid antibody (or aPL) screening and Flow Cytometry Crossmatch done. Over the last 2 hours, I have tried to research into this to see exactly what this is but it's a lot of science jargon that unfortunantly my "really awsome" college science professor didn't teach me about because he was too busy making me take "Planet Walks". (Anyone I went to school with will understand that reference... the rest of you are probably just as confused as I was while trying to research aPL.) From what I can understand, the antibodies cause clots and can block off nutrients from getting to the baby. It could also be that the antibodies reject the fetus as a foreign object. This in turn causes the baby to not be able to survive. Since everything was going so well the dr. wants to check to make sure this is not the case. IF those antibodies do happen to be present, then there is another shot that I will have to take throughout the pregnancy. Other risks also come into play, most often premature births.
Pretty much again, we are left with more questions then answers. As a teacher, I like to have answers. I like to have CORRECT answers. I'm not a huge fan of the unknown, but unfortunantly the unknown has come knocking at my door again. It will take up to about 2 weeks to get test results and then once we have those we will be able to move forward with the Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET). The doctor did say he would be willing to put all 3 eggs back in at once if that is what I wanted to do. So again, we wait. Wait to see what another test result is, pray that it comes back with good news. Although at this point I don't know if it is good news that there is a problem and we found it, or that there isn't a problem and we are just left crossing our fingers and toes and praying real hard again for the next round. Either way seems scary, but I just remind my self that I have been through the worst thing I could possible imagine, so I can make it through anything else that God wants to throw my way. (Not that I'm challenging you God, because I'm surely not!)
No comments:
Post a Comment