
So tonight we got to meet A, her mom, and her little daughter who we will call K. Fabulous family! A is just the sweetest girl. She is going to college for physical therapy at a college here in Indianapolis. She leaves at the end of August and is living on campus and is incredibly excited about this new adventure in her life. I am so thrilled for her that she is going to be able to accomplish this dream of hers and we are going to be able to help her by raising, loving, parenting this child.
We met them all at a park and her mom and K went off to play right away, so we were able to just chat with A. I had printed off a bunch of pictures this morning so that she could see a little bit more about us and our family. We wanted her to see our parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, grandparents, friends, etc. Many of you made appearances tonight, and you didn't even know it! (Leah....pass on to your mother that A LOVED the pic of me and your mother having our "stanky-leg off"... and her mom loved my really cool socks that I wore under your bridesmaid dress!)
The conversation was really relaxed and flowed easily. A let us know that what stood out about our letter was our paragraph on why we wanted to add diversity to our family.Oddly, that was a paragraph that I feared might keep parents away, but instead was the paragraph that actually brought one to us.
I don't even know what all we talked about because conversation just flowed so easily. K swung on the swings for a long time and at one point Travis even spent about 10 minutes pushing her on the swings, which won everyone's heart. A's mom told us that honestly their first choice was to abort the pregnancy, but due to certain circumstances, they weren't able to and so they just figured that what was not their blessing could be ours. I felt like "Thank You" just wasn't strong enough words for this blessing we could be getting. I don't know how you thank someone for making your dreams come true. For building your family. I just don't know. All I could say was "Thank You" and hope she understand how much more there was to those words.
At the very end, as we were getting ready to leave, A's mom leaned over and said, "So do you guys want to know boy or girl." At that point I felt relief flood over me. I don't think that they would bring that up if they didn't feel like it was "our" child and we had the decision to make. I tried to be very diplomatic and say that whatever A wanted, we were fine with and A insisted that it was our choice. So I told them last summer when I was pregnant, we were going to find out, so yes, we would want to know, but did understand if A didn't want to know. And she said that sounded fine, we could find out. So hopefully, she will be going to the dr. very soon and we will have an answer to Team Blue or Team Pink. She is guessing that she is due around the end of October which will always be confirmed after a dr. appointment.
So tomorrow I will contact our agency and so will she, and unless she has a sudden change of heart tonight or decides she actually did hate us, then we will move forward from there! Not really sure where forward is.... lol but I'm awfully excited to find out.
I don't even know what all we talked about because conversation just flowed so easily. K swung on the swings for a long time and at one point Travis even spent about 10 minutes pushing her on the swings, which won everyone's heart. A's mom told us that honestly their first choice was to abort the pregnancy, but due to certain circumstances, they weren't able to and so they just figured that what was not their blessing could be ours. I felt like "Thank You" just wasn't strong enough words for this blessing we could be getting. I don't know how you thank someone for making your dreams come true. For building your family. I just don't know. All I could say was "Thank You" and hope she understand how much more there was to those words.
At the very end, as we were getting ready to leave, A's mom leaned over and said, "So do you guys want to know boy or girl." At that point I felt relief flood over me. I don't think that they would bring that up if they didn't feel like it was "our" child and we had the decision to make. I tried to be very diplomatic and say that whatever A wanted, we were fine with and A insisted that it was our choice. So I told them last summer when I was pregnant, we were going to find out, so yes, we would want to know, but did understand if A didn't want to know. And she said that sounded fine, we could find out. So hopefully, she will be going to the dr. very soon and we will have an answer to Team Blue or Team Pink. She is guessing that she is due around the end of October which will always be confirmed after a dr. appointment.
So tomorrow I will contact our agency and so will she, and unless she has a sudden change of heart tonight or decides she actually did hate us, then we will move forward from there! Not really sure where forward is.... lol but I'm awfully excited to find out.
I have thought about you all so much all day. A is a brave young lady, to be able to raise one child, go to school, and continue her education. I am thankful that she found you and wants you to be her baby's parents. I don't even have the words to tell you how excited I am for you both. I can't wait to hear what happens tomorrow, when you all contact the agency. Please update. This is beginning to be a beautiful Hallmark movie, and I can't wait until everyone lives "happily ever after."
ReplyDeleteTears of joy!! How very excited I am for all of you!!! You and Travis have been constantly in my prayers, it is so wonderful to see God opening doors for such amazing people! Can't wait to hear what team it's going to be!!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you, I am nearly at tears. I know you guys will be great parents. Remember, I know how to make fluffy ponytails. LOL
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing! I am so excited for you and Travis and this beautiful baby that the Lord is growing inside this young woman. I am praying for peace for you all. I am sure you won't be at complete peace until you hold that precious baby in your arms, but as much peace as you can find in the Lord's arms is what I pray for you both! So excited to follow this journey with you and see the amazing end result that only the Lord can put into place!
ReplyDelete