The title of this blog pretty much sums it up. What a day! It started off like every Monday I have had for the last 5 weeks since summer vacation started. I woke up, ate some cereal, did my workout (I've lost 18 lbs...just as a side note), sat in the sun while reading the Twighlight series FINALLY, and then took a shower. Today I did have plans to go meet with some fabulous teacher friends for lunch. One of who has been teaching in Alaska the past year, so it was great to catch up with her and her little Eskimo self! So I went to lunch, had great conversations and then went home to get a little bit more sun. You see since all of the infertility stuff and gaining a bunch of weight that I wasn't used to having I haven't felt to great about myself. So this summer I made a pledge to myself that I was going to start feeling better about myself! I wanted to lose weight and get a little color on my skin, not like leathery looking orange craziness, just a little color. So anyway....
Most of you know that I have been looking for a job closer to home. I LOVE my school, LOVE the people I work with, but really feel I need to be closer at home when our child arrives. So pretty much every night I look at every website of every school corporation around me and see if they have any job postings. I spend 30-45 minutes filling out applications and emailing principals, only to be usually completely ignored because I have 5 years experience and school corporations don't want to pay the extra money. It gets pretty frustrating. Last night though I realized there was a school corporation I hadn't looked at though in Tippecanoe County. So I look up the website and they have a 5th grade position posted. I sighed, half-a**ed the application, and didn't even bother to email the principal because it seemed like a waste of time. Lo and behold, as I'm driving home from my lunch today I get a call from the principal of the school. VERY excited about my classroom experiences and some of the curriculum models I have used in my class. She pretty much asked me 15,000 interview questions just while on the phone talking to her. We set up the actual interview though for next Tuesday. So fingers crossed that it might work out, because it would be a fabulous blessing, mostly because of part two of my day....
So I get home and I'm talking to my sister when another number I don't know calls. It's our agency telling me that a birth mother has chosen us. #2 call I wasn't expecting today. A (as we will call her for confidential purposes) is 18, and just graduated high school. She has already been accepted into a college and has all her scholarships and financial aid set up. (Which from our prospective is a fabulous thing. Birth mothers who have future goals for themselves and are more educated are much more likely to place.) She also already has a 3 year old. They are currently trying to get in contact with the birth father so he can sign the papers. (Fathers can sign at anytime, mothers can't sign until birth.) She is due in October, but we don't know boy or girl yet. We were able to have a brief phone conversation with her where we all decided we didn't really like to talk on the phone, so we are going to meet her and her mother tomorrow at a park. I am SUPER excited and nervous, and I don't even know what else. It's such a surreal situation. I knew this call would come one day, but you just don't expect it on the day it actually happens. And nothing at all is set in stone, as A can't sign anything until birth, but this is by far the closest we have been yet. Her mother is VERY supportive of the whole situation and it will be great to get to meet her tomorrow as well.
So please everyone, just let the prayers continue. Add A into your prayers that she will have peace with her decision, whatever it ends up being. I'm already starting to feel completely in love with both the baby and her...neither of which we have met yet!

how did it go?
ReplyDeleteMay the Lord continue to bless you!
ReplyDeletePsalm 84:5
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
5 How blessed is the man whose strength is in You,
In [a]whose heart are the highways to Zion!
Psalm 89:15
New Living Translation (NLT)
15 Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship,
for they will walk in the light of your presence, Lord.